Iakinthos Resort Zante | Windsurfing | Yoga | Accommodation in Zante | Hotels in Zante | Windserfing Zante | Booking Iakinthos Resort
Zakynthos - Tsilivi Beach
Tsilivi Beach is situated in a leafy area north of Zakynthos town. Tsilivi town is within easy walking distance and although busy, it still retains its friendly, traditional atmosphere. It has a beautiful beach with lots of amenities, including water sports and is ideal for families with children as the water is clean and shallow.
Zakynthos, the Levant flower has a wealth of attractions and beaches worth a visit. Some of them are:
- The shipwreck of the island. This is a sinking ship that washed ashore on a remote beach of the island, which one can visit only by sea and is one of the most famous sites.
- The Blue Caves Zante on the north side of the island.It is one of the best attractions of the island and the only way to visit the Blue Caves is by boat.
- The Byzantine, the Maritime and Folk Museum in the town of Zakynthos.
- The Venetian castle on the hill of Bochali behind the town of Zakynthos.
- Marathonissi, a small uninhabited island in the Gulf of Laganas, which is accessible by boat. The shape of the island looks like a turtle, also on beaches to lay their eggs each summer, the sea turtle Caretta caretta, so Marathonisi also known as Turtle Island.
- The Bay of Laganas, it is part of the National Marine Park, which works to protect the sea turtle Caretta caretta, which lays its eggs on the beach and you are able to do some short trips by boat to see the sea turtle Caretta caretta.
- Xigia beach, a picturesque beach, unique to the island and its waters excrete sulfur coming from the neighboring caves.
- The beaches of Alykes and Alykanas.
- The Argassi beach in south-east of the island, in Argassi.The beach is sandy and has many caves for exploring and water sports for fun summer days.